- Banking and Financial Institution Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Energy/ Oil and Gas Litigation
- Family Law Litigation
- Wills, Probate, Estate Planning and Estate Litigation
Ira Bowman focuses his practice primarily on the effective resolution of legal disputes in commercial matters. He represents clients in both the prosecution and defense of a wide range of issues in State and Federal courts. Legal issues Ira regularly handles include contract disputes, business related torts, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, partnership disputes, antitrust, copyright and patent litigation, conversion, deceptive trade practices, breach of warranty, franchiser / franchisee disputes and negligence. Ira also handles a wide range of family law matters, including divorce, modifications, property division, conservatorship and surrogacy agreements.
Ira has acted as first and second chair in many trials and has argued before the 5th District Court of Appeals in Dallas. Ira has tried multiple-week long jury trials under both Texas and foreign laws. In addition to his trial experience, Ira has handled many more mediation and arbitration matters for clients dealing with multiple disparate issues in various jurisdictions.
Reflecting the excellence of his practice, Ira has been honored six times with selection to Thomson Reuters' Texas Rising Stars, honoring the top young attorneys in Texas.
Ira received a J.D. from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 2005 and a B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin in 2000. Ira and his wife, Laci, have four children who further continue to hone Ira's negotiation skills at home.
To Print Ira Bowman’s Full Bio Click Here
Representative ExperienceCommercial Litigation
- Represents clients in both the defense and prosecution of complex commercial litigation disputes
- First and Second Chair in Trials. Jury Trials and Bench Trials, as well as Arbitrations and Mediations
- Represents clients in both the defense and prosecution of divorces including property division and conservatorship matters.
Honors & Awards
- 6-time selection to the list of Thomson Reuters' "Texas Rising Stars" as published in Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers (Rising Stars Edition) magazines, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Godwin Pappas Mock Trial Championship, Team Member, 2005 & 2006
- ATLA Mock Trial Competition, 2003-2005
- Michigan State University Mock Trial Competition 2003
- State Courts of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Co-Chairman, DAYL Lawyers Promoting Diversity Committee, 2009
- DAYL Foundation, Life Fellow
- Dallas Bar Association
- Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court, Associate,2008
- State Bar of Texas
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Southern Methodist University Computer Law Review and Technology Journal (2003-2005)
- University of Texas at Austin (B.A., 2000)