- Banking and Financial Institution Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- International Practice
- Eminent Domain & Zoning Litigation
Alison Battiste is a Senior Attorney in the Dallas office of Godwin Bowman & Martinez and assists clients with commercial litigation matters. She primarily focuses on resolving contractual disputes in a fair and efficient manner. Having served at a large investment bank in the U.K. and law firms in Brazil and Costa Rica, she has extensive experience in banking and international issues faced by business clients.
Within the community, Alison is a dedicated supporter of women and children. She is a committee member for the Women's Advocacy Awards, which raises money for Dallas Legal Aid, where she also volunteers.
Alison received a B.S. in Chemistry and an MBA from the George Washington University, before going on to earn a J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center. Recognizing the excellence of her practice, she has been selected three times to the list of Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, recognizing the top young attorneys in the State of Texas.
To Print Alison Battiste’s Full Bio Click Here.
- As lead associate, obtained summary judgment for leading oil and gas company in admiralty law case against foreign plaintiffs.
- Performed legal and business consulting services related to the implementation of the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Advised the World Bank regarding the misuse of corporate entities by high-level public officials involved in grand corruption.
- Drafted a credit agreement on behalf of a large foreign lender funding development projects in other countries.
- Advised a domestic manufacturer and a foreign distributor on issues of United States law.
- State Courts of Texas
- District of Columbia Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Fellow, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Association
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2007)
- University College London (International Law Study, U.K., 2005)
- George Washington University (M.B.A., 2001)
- Fundação Getulio Vargas (International Business Study, Brazil, 2001)
- George Washington University (B.S., Chemistry, 1998)
- Annual Women's Advocacy Awards, Committee Member
- Education Advocate for Dallas Foster Youth
- National Association of Women MBAs, Member
- DFW Chapter of National Black MBA Association, Inc., Board Member & Recording Secretary, 2014
- Georgetown Club of DFW, Board Member & Treasurer, 2008-2009